This might be the best chord of all time.
I always get goosebumps when David Gilmour plays this chord on ''Shine on You Crazy Diamond''.
There is so much to talk about:
- How it builds up to a Dorian substitution that brightens up the climax part.
- The timbre and voicing chosen for the chord.
- That open E string, a natural 13th extension, meticulously chosen to foreshadow what was coming after.
- What emotion does this chord make you feel?
- The order in which the notes are played and the inversion of the chord which supports the mood chosen for the part.
So in this video let's nerd out on that chord for 10 minutes!
And if you like my lessons, click below to sign up for my free course on ambient guitar chords!