Learn how to pick colorful chords outside the key that will instantly make your songs stand out
Discover ‘‘Chord Spicer’’: the super practical online course that teaches you how to pick chords outside the key to create epic chord progressions like all your favorite composers do (without any complicated music theory, in a few hours only)
Hi I’m Antoine Michaud - ambient guitar artist on Youtube, touring musician for Canadian progressive rock band Mystery, and founder of Ambient Guitar Academy.
Tired of using the same 7 chords to write your music in Major or minor keys?
This has always bugged me since starting to learn music theory:
In any Major or minor key, we simply have 7 chords to choose from to make a song in that key.
For example, in the key of C Major, we have: C – Dm – Em – F – G – Am – Bdim
On top of that, most guitar teachers tell you to avoid the diminished chord because it’s trickier to use.
That makes 6 chords.
Only SIX options to write my songs!
I can write 1 or 2 or 3 great songs with this set of chords…
But then, what? Do I just repeat myself with the same 6 chords over and over again?
- What if I want to be prolific and write songs that don’t all sound the same?
- What if I want to create other moods and staying in the key doesn’t allow it?
- What if I want to be more creative and having six choices clearly isn’t enough?
Well, the solution is simply to pick chords outside the key!
But it’s not that simple.
You can’t simply pick any chord outside the key and expect it to sound great.
Most of the times, it sounds totally random and doesn’t fit.
Which opens up a whole new set of questions and challenges:
- Which outside-the-key chords sound better than others, and why?
- How can I know which outside-the-key chord to choose to create the right mood at the right moment in my songs?
- How do I know which scales to use to create melodies on top of my outside-the-key chords?
And it is exactly to help guitar players like you who have those questions and feel stuck with so few chord options that I created this brand new online course.
The super practical online course that teaches you how to pick chords outside the key, shows you what to play on top of them, and helps you create epic chord progressions like the pros do (without any complicated theory, in just a few hours only)
Here’s what’s included in Chord Spicer:
- LESSONS: the 12 video lessons of the course including:
#1 – Harmonization Basics: The 7 Chords of Major and Minor keys
#2 – The Dorian Chord
#3 – The Melodic Chord
#4 – The Ionian Chord
#5 – The Picardy Chord
#6 – The Mixolydian Chord
#7 – The Harmonic Chord
#8 – The Aeolian Chord
#9 – The Phrygian Chord
#10 – The Locrian Chord
#11 – The Lydian Chord
#12 – Going Beyond: How To Find MORE Chord Spices?
- WORKBOOK: a 14-pages workbook that recaps all the chord spices functions, scale shapes to play on top of them, and multiple chord progression examples for each one.
- BACKING TRACKS: a set of 10 guitar loops so you can practice your scale changes on top of all 10 chord spices shown in the course.
This course gives you all the knowledge and foundations to start using the 10 most popular chords outside the key – chords that are being used all the time by the best composers in the world;
AND you also learn the easy process to find even more chord spices to use as your own!
It will MULTIPLY your chord choices.
Gone are the days of having only 6 or 7 chords to choose to write your songs!
60-Days, Bulletproof, Antoine-approved, 100% Money back Guarantee
My course guarantee is very simple:
- You get 60 days to watch the course, and if you are not happy with your purchase, send me an email at [email protected] and I’ll send you a full refund.
- You don’t need to justify why you didn’t like it. Just ask for the refund and you’ll get it. No questions asked, no endless chains of emails, no need to give proofs that you did the work. That’s how I would personally like to get a refund myself, so that's what I offer!
- That makes the purchase risk-free, because you have an easy way out if it ends up not being the right fit. I put all the risk on myself so that you don’t have to take any risks.
I hope that's fair to you :-)
Also - I included an exclusive bonus...
BONUS: You get an extra full 30-min masterclass on the ‘’Phrygian Chord’’.
In this bonus masterclass, I make 5 song studies showing you how I used one of my favorite chord spice in many of my songs: the Phrygian chord.
In each lesson of Chord Spicer, we make 1 song study to see each chord spice in the context of a song, but in this bonus masterclass you get to see 5 more in-depth examples in the context of songs.
I also included downloadable tabs for all of the song studies.
Hopefully that is going to provide you with a lot more inspiration to make your songs!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Chord Spicer and your course KORDZ Program?
Do I need to be able to play stretchy chords? Should I be more advanced to take the course?
Do I get all the lessons right away when I buy or do they unlock over time?
Is it worth it to enroll in Chord Spicer if I am already a student of the KORDZ Program?
Here's a recap of what you get today with Chord Spicer:
- The full 3h online course Chord Spicer showing you how to use chords outside the key
- Full workbook of the course that contains scales, chord shapes and chord progression examples for each chord spice.
- 10 downloadable guitar loops recorded by Antoine to practice your scale changes on top of each chord spice
- BONUS: full 30 min masterclass on the Phrygian chord with 5 song studies and downloadable tabs
You can get all of this for only one payment of $127.
Don't be stuck in the key anymore:
spice up your chord progressions!
It’s inevitable: if you can only use 6 chords in a key, you WILL:
- Lack inspiration to make chord progressions,
- Write songs that will end up sounding all the same,
- Not be able to create different sounds and moods with your music.
You will feel stuck within the confines of the key.
But if you apply the easy concepts in my course, you will multiply your chord choices, and open up a vast, rich and abundant world of chord colors that you can use to make your music stand out!
You can do this! You don’t have to be advanced: the course is very easy to follow and very light on music theory. Super simplified!
Enroll in Chord Spicer today, and let’s add some richness to your palette of chord colors!